Saturday, March 5, 2011

just SMILE and DEAL with it. (Spring Sing brings out the worst in some people)

Hello friends,

It's been a while, what can I say... I've been busy. But last night (while having an emotional breakdown due to a freak out from my crAzy boss) I read my extremely funny and brilliant friend, Suzanna Sawyer's blog. It inspired me to post something.
(Here goes a pitiful attempt to blog.)

Spring Sing is upon us, (now almost finished) and I'd like to give a little shout out to all of the clubs for their hard work and... creativity? There's something about jumping up and down, waving your arms and screaming at the top of your lungs. Clearly Spring Sing is OC's artistic outlet. I mean let's be real, it's not like we had anything better to do than completely give up our lives for 5 and a half minutes of butchering pop songs and making random formations on a slanted stage. Never have I been so affected by "mob mentality" before in my entire life. For some reason I willingly wore white, elastic waist pants, a hawaiian shirt with a FANNY PACK, I repeat, FANNY PACK and a Grandmother Willow Wicker visor in front of the entire church of christ population in the state of Oklahoma. That, my friends, is Spring Sing.

Spring Sing is OC at its best.

Spring Sing is young men and women spending HOURS and HOURS of time creating something completely meaningless with no real value for life... at all.


Spring Sing is taking some everyday concept or character and desperately trying to make it interesting. For instance: Godzilla, Cops, Football, Tourists, Football, Miss America, Football, Minnie Mouse, Football, Football and Mummies. How can any of those things be interesting enough to spend half the semester dancing and screaming about?

Spring Sing is the only time at OC it is acceptable for guys to wear make-up, costumes, dance around, sit on each others laps and hold hands and NOT get "gay probation" for it.

Spring Sing is the only time at OC when a group of girls can pretend to be football guys and not get "gay probation" for it.

Spring Sing is the only time at OC when you can get away with dressing like a lesbian and not get "gay probation" for it. (IOTA COSTUMES)

As the great Lady GaGa has auto-tuned to the world: "whether gay, straight or bi, let's be a transgender vibe."

I can only wish that for this final day of Spring Sing performances. Let us bask in the glory of fun and fellowship and waste our time doing a whole lot of nothing in front of a whole lot of people.

A dear friend of mine (whom shall remain anonymous) said this of Spring Sing:
        "Spring Sing is one of those things that you can't over analyze or else you start thinking: WTF??"

Yes I have said some pretty horrible things about Spring Sing, but in truth, it is a completely harmless ploy to recruit innocent and naive high school seniors and in the process, we get to have a good time.

LONG LIVE SPRING SING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment